Thursday, September 13, 2012

Good news

I found out today that my wood will ship from Aircraft Spruce on Tuesday!   For those of you doing the math at home that means 8-1/2 weeks from order to shipment.   I also received a call from my Doctor's office today and they gave me firm appointments for my neuro psych testing so I hopefully will be able to solo after running that gauntlet.
For those curious among you I was taking Adderall for the past 2 years and the FAA says that is a big no no so I had to quit taking it and then get this testing done after 90 days off the medication.   September 4th marked my 90th day sober.  I suspect that it will take the folks in Oklahoma City 2 months to process my request so maybe I'll solo sometime after the first of the year.  Anything worth doing takes time.
My new caliper came in the mail this week so I started to remake the forward wing attachments over the past few days.  It's awesome to be able to rely on the accuracy of your tools.  I am proud of how nice this set of fittings is turning out so far!

Number of hours:  1.7
Total hours:  36.2

No comments:

Post a Comment