Sunday, September 22, 2013

Scarf Jig #1

After my last post I attempted to glue 2 pieces of the leading edge plywood together flat on a board.  I tried to bend it around a nose rib after it cured and the interior plies of the plywood cracked radiating from the scarf joint.  I was also very unhappy with the quality of the glue joint so I decided to start over.  The first step in my new plan is to build a scarf joint jig using some melamine and a laminate trimmer.  I was hesitant to make this post until I knew whether or not it would work but I have received a considerable amount of pressure from some of the readers of this blog requesting an update on my progress.

On the flying front, I have been very frustrated with my instructor, his schedule, weather, and lack of a DPE.  The last two training flights were very unpleasant weather wise; so much so that I was ready to quit flying.  I'm not sure what the next step is at this point.  Just being honest here is all.

Number of hours: 3.0
Total hours: 237.9

No comments:

Post a Comment