Thursday, October 4, 2012

Done for the night

No really, I am done for the night now.  When I come to a part of a project that I am dreading I find it helpful to try to work on a little bit of it while it is fresh on my mind so I don't end up building a mental hurdle for myself.  If left unchecked this could deter me from starting the task and since my wife was watching Snow White and the Huntsman I had some extra free time so off to the garage I went.
I cut a 45* angle on a piece of plywood and clamped it into my miter saw then I set the angle to approximately 41.25* and cut 4 pieces of longeron stock to a 1:15 slope.  I gathered up some clamps, cleaned up the cuts with a block plane, and glued together my first scarf joint!

Number of hours:  1.3
Total hours:  62.0

No comments:

Post a Comment