Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Winglets #4 / Rudders #1

Yesterday I removed the extra glue from the first winglet spar using my plane and then glued the second winglet spar together.  I cleaned up the second winglet spar tonight and then cut all of the pieces for the two rudder spars.  Then I glued the hinge reinforcements onto two of the rudder spar verticals.  I figured that I don't show enough pictures of completed parts so I included a picture of the two winglet spars as they sit, waiting for their plywood facing.

My order from AS&S containing my nut plates and my canard spar cap strips arrived today!  The only problem is that my truck is still in the shop, after a week and a half, for a head gasket replacement so I can't bring the 13+ foot container home from work.

Wanda, Xerxes, and Yogi are keeping us in really nasty weather here in Minnesota so my 1st dual cross country was cancelled yesterday.  I hope that the weather is good enough tomorrow, Friday, and Monday to keep my scheduled appointments but it doesn't look too promising.

Number of hours:  1.2
Total hours:  192.8

No comments:

Post a Comment