Thursday, May 22, 2014

Tab Facing Spar #7

I was doing so well working on this project and then part of the basement flooded so I had to deal with that for a couple of weeks.  I did work a little here and there until today.  I had to go to the pool store which is right next to the airport and being a beautiful day it would have been a wasted trip if I didn't take advantage of the situation.  I noticed about 6 cars in the EAA parking lot so I stopped in to see who was there and what was happening.  Then I logged 0.7 hours solo in the Archer.  I didn't realize it until I filled out my log book but this was my first solo flight in the Archer.  Flying and seeing other members' progress on their planes got me back into the workshop tonight.  I tapered the top and bottom of the tab facing spar and I cleaned the extra plywood from the webs that I glued on previously.  I started to study the rib spacing for the center section of the forward wing and I snapped a few photos for posterity.

Number of hours: 0.8
Total hours: 259.8


No comments:

Post a Comment