Saturday, May 31, 2014

Tab Facing Spar #9

I started preparing to mount the control fittings to the tab facing spar last night and I noticed a problem.  The mounting bolts interfere with the hinges.  It appears that there is an issue with the plans in this regard; so, if you are building this airplane, I suggest that you determine a plan of attack before sealing the anti-tab itself.  I am unable to change the locations of the nut plates as the tab is complete.  My option at this point is to move the control fittings into the inboard side of the tab facing spar and cut the two inboard sections from each of the outboard hinges.  It won't be a big deal but I wish that I would have caught it ahead of time so I could have made it work closer to the plans.  I still need to verify the location of the wing ribs on this part of the spar so I am unsure if my solution is 100% acceptable.

Number of hours: 0.5
Total hours: 261.0

No comments:

Post a Comment