Thursday, May 16, 2013

Canard Spar #2

I ended up going out for my second solo cross country on Tuesday.  Even though I logged 2.1 hours as p.i.c., I was unable to land at my first destination due to higher than expected winds, heavy turbulence, and being a low time / low skilled pilot I decided to tuck tail and return to my home airport.  The experience did shake me a little but I will get back in the air soon, just not too soon.

My shipment of epoxy and hardware arrived from AS&S today!  That is a good way to start the evening.  I should have gone out and mowed the lawn but I was tired and my allergies were acting up a little so I decided against it.  After dinner and taking care of the kids, I went down and glued the first lamination together of the top spar cap for the canard.  This is a simpler spar as there are only 3 laminations making up the top spar cap and only 2 laminations making up the lower spar cap.

We made it to 5,000 hits on the blog this week.  Not an astounding amount of traffic but pretty cool none the less.

Number of hours:  0.9
Total hours:  203.6

No comments:

Post a Comment