Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Canard Leading Edge #1

I varnished the canard spar between the nose ribs tonight after I cut and glued the scarf joint for the nose rib stringer.  My varnish cover must not have been sealed, so the little bit of varnish that I had left was cured.  So off to Wal-Mart's aviation department I went.

I made an intermediate stop at Jane's Field (KANE) in Blaine to sign the paperwork on N43044.  I am officially an airplane owner!

Once at Walmart I found the last can of Minwax Helmsman Spar Varnish, Clear Satin.  I was unable to find any more 1" foam brushes in their paint department.  As I headed over to get my son a snack, he was my patient partner in the night's nonsense,  I lamented the inevitable trip to Home Depot.  I decided to check the craft department to see if there was an alternative solution there.  Boy was that a good idea!  Instead of paying $0.63 per brush, they sell a 4 pack for $0.97, even better than that is the 25 pack for $4.98.  That's only $0.20 each.

Number of hours: 0.5
Total hours: 232.3

No comments:

Post a Comment