Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Canard Spar #19



I haven't posted for a while for quite a few reasons.

   #1. I've been trying to finish up my flight training.  I only need 0.7 hours under the hood and 7 take offs and landings at night.  I passed my written exam today with a score of 93%.  Unfortunately, my instructor left for business until the week after Airventure so my training is on hold again.

   #2.  There has been rumbling at our house against this project.  A certain family member has been influencing my wife and making her think that this venture is extremely unsafe.  He has called it "a cardboard piece of shit" to my face.  As of right now, I am only building with no intention of flying the airplane with the hope that I can educate my opposition as to their incorrect perceptions.

   #3.  I have been in negotiations to buy into a partnership for a 1974 Piper Archer II.

So, I have not abandoned things, I have been swamped and stressed by other life events.

I figured that I deserved some "me time" in the shop tonight as a reward for passing my knowledge test.  I spent 2 hours gluing the box spar closed.

Number of hours: 2.0
Total hours: 226.6

No comments:

Post a Comment