Thursday, July 18, 2013

Canard Nose Rib Repair

When I got home tonight the garage door was already open.  Not a big deal, I figured my wife had her hands full with the kids when she got home.  A little later we loaded everyone into the car and started pulling out of the driveway when the garage door bounced and opened again.  I spent the next half hour trying to get the stupid thing to work to no avail so I called the installer back out to fix it.  This is their 3rd trip back out and I think that they are getting tired of me.  After all that adventure I went downstairs and started planing the leading edge stringer.  I put another coat of varnish on the forward face of the canard spar and as I was applying the varnish I noticed that one of the nose ribs had slid while the glue was curing.  I decided to wait for the varnish to dry before attempting my repair.  After dinner and a movie with my wife I removed the offending rib and glued it back into place.

Number of hours: 0.9
Total hours: 233.5

No comments:

Post a Comment