Sunday, November 4, 2012

Control Cable Route

The plans don't show how the control cables are supposed to magically route from the rudder pedals and control stick pulleys back to the wing pulleys.  The seat back is shown in the plans as solid so I laid out the approximate locations that the cables would intersect the seat back and my plan is to put a 3/4" slot in that location starting 190mm and ending 350mm from the bottom of the seat back.  I am not sure how they will route through F2 yet but that is a problem for another day.  I am also putting a 95mm X 65mm chamfer on the upper 2 corners of the seat back to allow clearance for the radius blocks that are on the top surface of the cockpit and I can run wires or fuel lines through the openings as needed.

I decided to rush things a little bit and try to sit in the cockpit sans seat.  I ended up breaking one of the bottom struts off so I had to glue it back in.  While I was at it I removed a crooked strut and glued it back in place nice and square.

Number of hours:  1.6
Total hours:  94.1


No comments:

Post a Comment