Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cockpit Gusset Blocks

I machined the cockpit gusset blocks and used a belt sander to remove the stand offs that I left during the machining process at work today.  At the end of the day I called our EAA chapter's tech counselor and set up an appointment for next Tuesday night for him to come out and look over my work.

When I got home, I glued the two blocks in place and cut the old cockpit front edge to allow the cockpit longerons to pass through to the new front edge cross member.  My order of 4130 from Aircraft Spruce arrived today so I spent some time checking the items to the packing list.  I then realized that I was missing the control rods for the canard because I had forgotten to order them.  I will have to order the 2 pieces of 5/8" diameter X 0.04" wall X 48" long tube from Aircraft Spruce when I place my next order.  Probably when I order my hinge material.

As I was writing this post, my doctor called and said that I can pick up the results of my psych testing on Thursday so I will be able to send them off to the FAA finally!

Number of hours:  1.2
Total hours:  130.4

No comments:

Post a Comment