Monday, December 17, 2012

Rudder Pedals Part 1

The left side cockpit longeron broke apart the other day so I glued it back together tonight.  I built one gusset for the longeron and will be building more tomorrow to help transfer some of the load over a larger area.

I had a couple of hours stuck in a plane last week while traveling from MSP to DEN and back in the same day, so I took advantage of that time and finalized my rudder pedal plans.  I started machining the pedals tonight and have the right pedal almost done (it still needs lightning holes, bearing hole, cable mount, and rounded end).  The left pedal is roughed out but still has quite a bit of work left to go.

I updated the "Plans Questions" and "Modifications" pages today.  One special note, only about 3 gallons of fuel will fit under the seat so the fuel tank issue is still unresolved.

Number of hours:  3.8
Total hours:  135.7

No comments:

Post a Comment