Saturday, March 30, 2013

Main Spar #7

Yesterday afternoon started with a trip to Home Depot to get some clamps.  10 spring clamps and 4 bar type clamps to be exact.  I used my block plane to clean up the final lower spar cap last night and then glued the second to last lamination on one of the upper spar caps.  I cleaned up that lamination with my block plane this morning and then glued the final lamination in place.  I still ended up wishing for more clamps so I went to HD again this evening and picked up 4 more spring clamps and 1 more bar clamp.  It's nice to have the right tools for the job.  I now have 3 completed spar caps so I glued the second to last lamination to the final upper spar cap.  I couldn't clean up the 3rd spar cap yet as the epoxy has not fully cured.

Number of hours:  2.2
Total hours:  183.9

No comments:

Post a Comment