Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cleaning Up

I received my shipment from Aircraft Spruce today and spent part of the evening checking things to the packing slip.  Then I started to match the stock to the parts that need to be built.  I discovered that I didn't order full length material for the canard spar caps.  This means that I will have to scarf the two outer spar caps on the canard.  This isn't the end of the world its just disappointing.  I expect to cut and glue the scarf joints tomorrow.  I then moved on to cleaning the workshop and moved the fuselage upstairs to our front room so I have more room to build the canard.  My wife is somewhat upset with me over this decision, but I think she understands and is giving me some good natured ribbing saying that she will use it as a planter or let the kids take it outside to use as a sled.

I flew for another 1 hour of dual instruction and 1.2 hours solo on Friday.  It was a big deal to me to finally leave the airport by myself.  It was an even bigger deal to make it back without getting lost!  Things started to get chilly so I headed back to the airport a little early.  There was a pretty healthy crosswind so I didn't get any landings that I felt good about.  I need to go to the pilot shop at Anoka tomorrow so I can purchase a current sectional map for the Twin Cities as I hope to fly my dual cross country on Saturday.  It is looking doubtful that I will get to fly as the weather is looking pretty crappy.  My logbook now contains 20.2 hours of which 1.7 is solo.

Number of hours:  1.1
Total hours:  175.8

No comments:

Post a Comment