Saturday, June 29, 2013

Quick Update

I ordered my 8 sheets of foam for pickup at Airventure the other day. That was a spendy proposition but it needed to be done so I feel another step closer to completion. I screwed around in the workshop a little bit yesterday trying to get my table top a little more flat. I don't know if it did any good but I felt better because I at least made an attempt to improve it. I purchase a Rockwell oscillating multitool at Menards this week so I can see how it does on scarfing leading edge ply. I flew 2.4 hours of my nighttime XC requirement last night and 3 take offs and landings. The weather was not very cooperative so I will have to get the remaining time and 7 take offs and landings next week. I had one landing last night that felt beautiful and my last landing of the night was shortened by a litter of foxes crossing the runway right in front of me. I would have hit them if the had chosen to cross 20' closer to the end of the runway. My instructor didn't see them at first so he was wondering why I was trying to stop so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment