Thursday, December 12, 2013

Anti-tab #1

Sometimes I struggle with what I should or should not put in these posts.  I spent part of my time this evening trying to get the control horn for the anti-tab worked out; I ended up scrapping that piece.  I did order the aluminum from AS&S today so I will remake all of the structural fittings that have already been made.  I decided that the main wing spar fittings should be made from 4130 so I ordered that too.  I feel more comfortable with a bent piece of 4130 as part of a critical structure than a bent piece of aluminum.  I also believe that the wing attach bolts are less likely to oval out the holes in 4130 than in 2024-T3.

I cleaned up the excess glue on the anti-tab and called it a night.

Number of hours: 0.6
Total hours: 248.8

No comments:

Post a Comment