Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Futsing Around

Well, here we are in December and almost to the end of another hunting season so it is time to get back to some aviation related activities.  I still haven't completed my flight training but I am hoping for nice weather next Monday.  With Christmas around the corner I had to remove my fuselage from the living room.  This required a reorganization of the workshop, materials, components, and workbench.  If you remember, I left off working on sheeting the D cell for the leading edge of the canard.  I was frustrated because it wasn't working out and I had to remove my first attempted section.  I knew that I needed to get back down there and just fiddle around a bit and tonight was the night that I finally worked up the gumption to do it.  I forgot how powerful it is to just be in the same room as your project.  I spent a lot of time just admiring what I had accomplished so far.  This led to some cleanup of excess glue here and there, then some organization, then marking the piano hinges to be cut another day, and ended by cutting and marking a new plywood aft web for the spar facing tab on the canard.  I intend to glue it together tomorrow night.  I needed to ease back into building with a non-threatening project like this and I'm not sure that it's the best time to skin a wing with our low humidity.

Number of hours: 1.0
Total hours: 245.2

No comments:

Post a Comment