Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wing Attach Fitting Warning

I drew up the wing attach fittings today per the plans to see if everything lined up correctly.  I was unable to get the geometry to match so now I am working on refining the brackets so they fit.  At least I didn't have the wings built before figuring this out.  I really wanted to make all of the wing attach fittings out of 4130, but the thickness of the aluminum is required for things to fit somewhat close; therefore I will be making everything out of 2024-T3.  I may leave the wing attach fittings that mount on F-2 alone as I already had them made out of 6061-T6 and they seem plenty beefy.  I am consider having them produced in 2024-T3 only because the birch plywood thickness on F-2 is thinner than the okume plywood thickness that was used in the original design.

Here's a picture of the original geometry

The 40mm on the left is really 39mm

We shall see how I get this one resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment