Wednesday, July 18, 2012

1:1 Plans and Canard Ribs

I cut the canard rib foam today on one of the CNC routers at work from the plans I drew previously in SolidWorks.  I brought them home and laid them out on the 1:1 rib drawings and they were short.
My heart dropped for a couple of minutes and then I grabbed my tape measure to verify dimensions.  The main canard plans show 800mm, the cancelled canard plans show 840mm, and the 1:1 rib plans are 830mm.  So I pulled out the 1:1 details for the fuselage bulkheads and they are wrong too.  What is the point of providing 1:1 prints that aren't scaled properly?  The details for the winglets don't work out as drawn and dimensioned either.  If you don't have CAD abilities these plans are probably not for you.






Number of hours:  2.6
Total hours: 13.4

No comments:

Post a Comment