Thursday, July 19, 2012

Front Gear Block

Ok, I didn't get much done today.   I ordered the bearings for the canard hinges from HTTP://WWW.vxb.com they are a great supplier and I highly recommend them.  I used their services for my Reprap Mendel a few years back.  I also ordered a rotary table for the mill so I can radius the remaining aluminum parts the right way.  I did the take offs for the 4130 parts and saved them for a future order from McMaster Carr.
I cut a thin slice from my 1" X 1-1/2" aluminum bar stock using my hacksaw, took it over to the mill and faced both sides.  Darn, it was 9mm instead of 10mm.  I didn't feel like using the hacksaw again so I put the bar in the vice and machined a slice off the end, much easier on my arm but a lot of waste.  Then I faced all 6 sides and drilled the 3 holes.  At that point the kids wanted to go swimming so I took them in the pool.  I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am.





Number of hours:  1.0
Total hours: 16.5

No comments:

Post a Comment