Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oops

I knew it would happen somewhere along the line in this project and today it did.  Drawings made in Europe and many other countries use a different method of orthagraphic projection than we do in the U.S. which can be confusing.   Most of the parts that I am working on now also have opposite hand versions that are not drawn in the plans.  I continued work today on the many different chamfers for the aluminum angle parts and, as you can see from the picture, I put a chamfer on the wrong corner.
This brings up a nice facet of home building and I don't mean the opportunity to make the part again.  I am referring to the fact that mistakes will happen but they are no need for stress because I am doing this for fun and relaxation; there are no deadlines.   And if I get too frustrated I can stop for the day or work on something else.  Today I decided to finish the rest of the chamfers on all of the remaining parts and then make a new forward wing control angle to replace the one I screwed up.  After all, anything worth doing is worth doing over.  This is the reason that we buy extra material in the first place, mistakes WILL happen.  The next time that you think you are perfect try walking on water.  That's enough cliches for one day.



Number of hours: 1.5
Total hours:  10.8

No comments:

Post a Comment