Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A change in Plans

I didn't get as far as I would have liked this weekend.   I screwed up some more parts and I found out that the plans incorrectly state that two rear landing gear fittings are required but comparing the plans to actual function and the photos are avions piel (see post #1) it appears that 4 are needed.  It looks like I'll be making a trip to Discount Steel in the near future or maybe I'll give Midwest Steel a shot.
It never really set well with me that the ailerons used a bungee to provide the opposing force for the bellcrank instead of using a cable between the two sides to create the pull pull system.  While I was reviewing things as stated above I noticed that Guy had installed a differential cable so I decided to machine new ones.
The other parts are 2 of the 8 main wing spar fittings without fillets and without the 7 and some change degree bends.
I cut up some 3/4" plywood into 3" strips to build the workbench supports today too.  More to come on that adventure.
Going flying tomorrow if the weather is good.





Number of hours:  3.2
Total hours:  21.6

No comments:

Post a Comment