Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Another AS&S Order

I got the new engine yesterday via FedEx and have been doing a lot of research on induction for it.  I looked a little more at the way the redrive works and must admit that I was wrong when I said it will allow more ground clearance as the reduction pulley is at the bottom of the engine.  I have also been trying to figure out how I will mount this beast.

I placed an order with Aircraft Spruce today for the remainder of my spruce and some plywood.  I still need to order another 12 sheets of 1.5mm plywood to complete the skins; I couldn't justify spending that much more money at this point in the build.  I forgot to add hinges to the order so I will send them a message to add them.  There are 2 big orders left for building components, plywood and wing foam.

The research is continuing regarding whether or not the holes in F2 for the wing spar bolts have bushings or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment