Monday, June 17, 2013

Canard Spar #14





Tonight was the big night.  I mowed the lawn and then headed to the workshop.  I mixed up the last bit of glue in my bottles which ended up being just enough and then set to work applying the glue to the plywood shear web and the spruce canard spar.  It was enough glue to fill a 12 oz. Dixie cup about 3/4 of the way.  I guess that means about 9 ounces.  I had some trepidation about attempting this glue session solo with T-88 because I knew it would take a long time to sling all of that glue.  It was REALLY close and I will enlist the services of a volunteer for my future large gluing sessions.  All of my friends and relatives that read my blog, this means you.  I have some relaxing days ahead of me while I varnish the inside of the spar.  I plan to varnish some of the other parts that I have set aside at the same time.

Number of hours: 1.5
Total hours: 218.1


No comments:

Post a Comment