Thursday, January 17, 2013

Failing Forward

Today's title is supposed to be a little bit of dry humor because I was being too hard on myself the other day for making some mistakes.  I lost sight of the big picture that this is supposed to be fun and relaxing.  If a mistake happens, build the thing again and move on, just enjoy the process!

Tonight I got home and went right to work after dinner.  I went out to the garage and pulled the came phaser solenoid out of the truck to check if it was clogged because it has developed a misfire.  Unfortunately this was not the case so it looks like it will be going back to the shop again.   I spent some time discussing the issue with my mechanic, put my tools away, grabbed some more tools, and went inside to replace the hose connecting the valve to the refrigerator.   I found out that the hose was not replaceable and that the valve was pressed onto the end of the copper pipe.  So off to Home Depot I went.  Of course you can't go to The Home Depot and get only the thing you went for in the first place.  Not wanting to break tradition, I picked up two packages of staples and some pop too.  I got home and finished the project.  I am going to lay awake tonight wondering if the fittings are leaking or not just because I'm neurotic like that.

I figured after all of that adventure in one night that I deserved to reward myself with some plane building activities.  I went down to my office and set to work putting the second coat of spar varnish on the parts that I had coated last night.  Then I cut the blank out of 1/4" plywood so I can machine the seat bottom at work tomorrow.  The pictures probably look real similar to last night's pictures but I assure you that they are different.

Number of hours:  0.6
Total hours:  166.1

No comments:

Post a Comment