Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fuselage Bottom Scarf Joint #1

I sent off a drawing of the front gear spring for quote today to a local spring maker.   Hopefully he will be able to make it for a reasonable price.  I decided that I am going to buy a 12" X 12" X 8" tank with a 2" sump because one is available locally for a good price.  I will have to mount it about 3" below the top longeron so I may need to add a filler neck to the tank in the future.  The arm for this tank will be approximately 0.24 m.

Tonight I fiddled a bit with some minor trim work and excess glue removal and then I decided to glue the first scarf joint for the plywood that will cover the bottom of the fuselage.   No pictures today as this looks exactly like my last scarf joint.  I hope that you can use your imagination.

Number of hours:  0.5
Total hours:  151.1

No comments:

Post a Comment