Monday, January 14, 2013

Gas Tank Shelf

I played around a little more today on my breaks and put together a solid model for the canopy.  When I got home tonight I cut out the gas tank shelf and dry fit it until it had a good fit.  Of course I cut too much off the back side because I thought that it was interfering with F2 and not letting the shelf sit down flat on the rails that I glued in yesterday.  Now I need to come up with a different method to secure the tank on the back side.  I think that I will be able to glue a crossmember in between the diagonals of F2 that will sit on top of the rear mounting tabs.  I think that the stress in this area would be a forward and upward force in the case of a sudden stop because the tank will want to rotate about the front mounting bolts and tabs.  Maybe I will bolt a crossmember to the rear tabs, time will tell.  I glued 3 crossmembers on the bottom of the shelf to finish off my evening.  The picture with the bucket is my apparatus for bending the fuselage floor.  It will probably take a few more weeks before it is the shape that I need.

Number of hours:  3.4
Total hours:  164.7

No comments:

Post a Comment